Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On my nightstand

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and rang in the new year joyously.  Do you have any resolutions?  Mine are pretty standard, eat healthy, loose some weight, but I haven't acted on any of it yet with the exception of emailing to sign up for a yoga course in town.... I'm hopeful I can maintain it.  I'm not sure if I would call it a resolution, but I plan to continue blogging book reviews and keeping up with the literary world, it's been a great 6 months or so and I'm loving it!

So, what's on my nightstand for the next couple of weeks?

Well, happy news to report... I've finished my first book of the year, The Son by Philipp Meyer!  Woot!  It doesn't really count, because I started it last year, but it's the first in 2014!  I do intend to write a review, so stay tuned for that one.


Next book, as previously reported will be Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collignham, can't wait to get into that one!


I didn't pick up anything for our Egypt trip, so I won't be digging into this topic specifically unless, by chance, something interesting comes my way.  After Curry, I'm pretty much open, nothing next in line specifically, but the reading list is long.  There are a lot of 2013 books I'm waiting to go to paperback before I'll pick them up.  One trip we are hoping to take this spring is to Naples, any recommended reading on this region in Italy that you recommend?

Happy Reading in 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment