Friday, December 13, 2013

On my nightstand

Last time I posted, I indicated I was in the middle of two books, one for the London trip and one for book club.  I finished reading both and have posted reviews for Brick Lane and will be posting a review for The Orphan Master's Son soon.

During the Thanksgiving holidays I celebrated my birthday and received a lovely novel from my husband called The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri.  I absolutely love this book and highly recommend it to anyone.  A review of this novel will be posted in a couple of days.    

So, currently I'm back to reading the Son by Philipp Seymour, which has been on my list for a while, about 15% of the way through this one and its beginning to pick up.  After that I will be reading a book called Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors by Lizzie Collignham, which I picked up while in London at the Foyles book store (scored a little first weekend of Christmas shopping discount!), very excited to get into this one.  It appears to be a history of curry, how it's evolved through the influences of other geographies.  Right up my alley! 


After these, I've not selected any novels.  Of course there are many on the list, but I'd like to pick something up for our upcoming trip to Egypt for the Christmas holidays.  Any recommendations? 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment