Saturday, May 11, 2013

Savory and Sweet Crepes for dinner!

Tonight we had savory and sweet crepes for dinner and they were fabulous, definitely one of my favorite meals!  Crepes have been on my mind since last weekend... we've been trying the strawberries from the fresh market and they don't seem to last very long.  In that situation I generally cook them down and make a jam out of them (although I don't preserve the jam since I almost never cook enough to have much in the way of leftovers).  Well last weekend, we ate of the strawberries, so this weekend I decided I would buy a big bucket of Holland strawberries and make a jam.  I plan to use the extras for a yogurt topping during the week... yum! Since it was pretty late and the batter for the crepes needed to sit for 2 hours (gah!), we decided to have savory and sweet crepes for dinner instead of breakfast. Here are some photos.

(Note, crepe recipe used was from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child, all prepared and cooked by my husband, can take no credit there!)

For the savory crepes I steamed some asparagus and then sauteed them in butter, salt and pepper and melted gruyere cheese over half of them.
White and Green Asparagus

Savory crepes
 For the sweet crepes, obviously we did the strawberry jam!  Yum!

Strawberry Jam
Sweet crepes

Here are some lovely peonies I purchased at the fresh market to brighten your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment