Saturday, May 18, 2013

Basil Deviled Eggs

At the friendly nudging of my husband, I've been trying to incorporate new foods into our weekly menu more often. I track many food blogs and through Google reader (for the moment) star those that sound interesting to me. Correct or not, I choose recipes based on my access to the ingredients listed, its general ease (n techniques I am familiar with or willing to learn), and how good it sounds (unfortunately I am also influenced by the food photos too).  This recipe is from this blog, which I only started following recently, however rather than pesto I used a basil and olive oil blend. Obviously you could tone down the amount of basil here, but as it turns out I really enjoyed the massive amount of basil!


1. Blend basil and olive oil. 

2. Hard boil eggs for 9-10 minutes if you want them to be a little underdone like mine. I used my fingers to remove the yolk and they peeled out just fine even though they were slight underdone. 

3. Scoop out the yolks and add them to the basil-olive oil blend.

4. Add a spoonful to each egg and you have basil deviled eggs!


Personally, I think these would be fun for Easter, and you could easily tone down the basil for a more pastel green. 



No comments:

Post a Comment