Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mushroom Tagliatelle

Last weekend I purchased a kilo of mushrooms after being so smitten with my cream of mushroom soup.  While I thought I would be turning them into soup, the mood just never struck my fancy... so I came up with an on-the-fly pasta dish.  I give full credit to my experience of living in Italy to this one... the meal came together without a pre-defined recipe, was pulled together based on what was in the fridge, and is very reminiscent of a typical weeknight meal in Italia.  Funny enough, I felt like I was home (whatever and wherever that is?!) eating this dish... 

Ingredients:
~500 grams of cremini mushrooms sliced and dry
1/2 of a yellow onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
Tagliatelle pasta (enough for 2 people), any other variety of pasta may be used
minced parsely
salt and pepper (to taste)
large spoonful of ricotta

1. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil (for the pasta - once boiling, add in salt)
2. Heat olive oil or butter over medium-high heat
2. Add onions and saute until translucent
3. Add sliced mushrooms to the pan and saute.  Add salt and pepper to taste. 


4. Mince parsley and set aside. 
5. Once pasta water is ready, add enough pasta for 2 people (I had leftover Tagliatelle from Italy, but anything will work)
6. Once pasta is cooked al dente, remove from water and add to saute pan with mushrooms.  Add ricotta and combine until all the ricotta is mixed into the dish(this will take some effort, but have some patience and it will come together) .


7. Top with parsley and serve. 

Super simple, really tasty, and hopefully uses up some food sitting in the fridge.  I hope you try it... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment